Saturday, August 14, 2010

Day 11: St. Louis, MO

Today is our last day before we get back home. We started off by going to Churchill Downs (home of the Kentucky Derby) where we ate breakfast and had a tour of the barns where the horses are stored and a tour of the museum. We even got to see some of the horses and their trainers warm up on the track. Our tour guide at the track was from the Tabor/Yankton, SD area, I couldn't believe that! After we got done at the track we headed our way to St. Louis. We headed straight for the Gateway Arch (aka Jefferson National Expansion Memorial). When we got there Mom and I headed straight for the elevator to head to the top. The elevator (they called it a pod) could only fit 5 people! It wasn't tall enough for me, so I had to lean forward most of the time. Then we headed to the hotel.
Churchill Downs entrance
The track with horses coming in the distance
The Gateway Arch
Busch Stadium (home of the St. Louis Cardinals) from the top
of the arch
The shadow of the arch in the Mississippi River
Tomorrow we head for home! I'm ready to be home and sleep in my own bed. ~David

No comments:

Post a Comment